- Keep track of your documents and save time: FindIT Topics automatically allocates relevant keywords and a subject category to your documents.
- The quality of the category allocation is assured by our sophisticated Wikipedia tagger and our high-performance LanguageTools.
- Optionally you can use your own category system (taxonomy).
Canoo FindIT Topics – everything under control!
In order to maintain an overview of the growing volume of data, staff in many organizations manually allocate keywords and subject categories to their documents. However, this is often barely feasible in everyday life. The good news is that it is achieved fully automatically with FindIT Topics.
FindIT Topics assigns documents relevant keywords and a subject category. An external taxonomy (category list) is not required. Instead, the quality of the category allocation is assured by our sophisticated Wikipedia tagger wikIT together with our high-performance LanguageTools. There are numerous applications for FindIT Topics. We would be more than happy to discuss your individual requirements with you.
Integration options – Solutions to meet your exact needs
We cater fully to you and your requirements. You therefore have two options for integrating FindIT Topics into your system. Either we can run a FindIT server for you on our hosts (cloud service) or we can set up a FindIT server within your infrastructure (local installation). Whichever option you select, you are assured the accumulated power of FindIT.
- We host a FindIT server for you in our infrastructure.
- Backend process (Canoo-Server):
- Runs in the background on our server
- Crawls new content on your website (daily, hourly or by the minute, according to your requirements)
- Analyses the latest contents and derives new information from these
- Front-end process (customer website):
- The back-end sends the already available results back to the user’s browser.
- We set up a FindIT server in your infrastructure.
- FindIT constantly performs in the background the required analyses of your structured and unstructured data sources (e.g. CMS/DMS, mail server, CRM, ERP, Wiki, ...).
- In the process, FindIT analyses new content in the data source and derives new information from this – depending on which FindIT packages are utilized.
- Analysis results are stored in the FindIT server in centralised, compact structures (database or index).
- The interactions of your staff with the FindIT-based application access this central structure.
- Your staff are able to directly access the relevant documents from the analysed data sources via FindIT.